Sunday, August 10, 2008

2008-2009 Doherty Cheerleaders



Jennifer told me lastnight that I should blog about my cheerleaders. Here they are at camp in June. I'm missing 3 in this picture. There are 37 all together this year. 20 on Varsity. 17 on JV. Lucky for me this year, I have a coaching staff. As most of you know, I was pretty much the only coach all year last year. It was very stressful being that JV and Varsity both competed. JV competed at the NCA Mile High Regional Competition. Varsity went to Regionals, Leauge, State, and Nationals. Yes, I went as the only coach to California with my girls. Luckily I had several parents with me as well.

Anyhow, these are the girls for this year. They are a wonderful group of girls. They attended 2 stunt camps, UCA camp, and their routine camp this summer. They also had carwashes, worked Sky Sox, and had a lock-in at the school. I have heard from several people that this squad is better than what they've seen at Doherty in a long time. I truly believe that statement. I'm looking forward to blogging about the girls this year. Go Spartans! :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Jenna, I am so proud of you... 1. for updating your blog.. and 1. just because I am... I love you and it was good seeing you last night! Fun!!